B.A in Journalism & Mass Communication (BAJMC) and Master of Mass Communication (MMC), these programmes at Prestige have been designed for excelling in today’s highly competitive mass media environment. The Program is tailored to help students rise to leadership positions within their chosen industries. Our Masters Program offers specialization in Print Journalism, Electronic Media, Corporate Communication and Advertising.
Celebrating 25 years of excellence in the field of academics and offering talent pool to different industries in domestic and international boundaries.
• The Institute has been rated as ‘A’ grade institute consecutively twice by NAAC and is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
• In recognition of its performance and high standards in providing quality education, the Institute has been conferred Autonomous Status by the University Grants Commission as well as Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya Indore on the recommendation of a high powered expert committee appointed by UGC.
• In view of the performance of the Institute, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya has accorded permanent affiliation to the Institute.
• The University Grants Commission, New Delhi has recognized the Institute under Section 2(f) and 12(b).
• The Institute has also signed MOUs with AISEC for providing Foreign Internship to the students.
Students from PIMR will be able to:
• Indentify and administer various media platforms to communicate with diverse audiences about a wide range of topics;
• Analyze the complexities of information gathering, evaluate the credibility of sources and ensure the highest possible reliability of information provided to the public;
• Demonstrate proficiency in production aesthetics, particularly in using digital media platforms, to provide various forms of media content to the public;
• Determine and analyze elements of communication theory, including the societal responsibilities and professional practices of news, public relation, advertising, electronic media, online media and other media;
• Identify various facets of issues, think independently and critically, and make informed judgments;
|Degree Courses offered & their Eligibility
B.A. in Journalism & Mass Communication (BAJMC)
Three Years Degree Program Affiliated to DAVV
10+2 with 50 percentage marks in aggregate
Master of Mass Communication (MMC)
Two Years Degree Program Affiliated to DAVV
Any graduate with 50% marks.
|Diploma & Certificate programmes offered
Diploma in T.V. Production
Duration – 6 months
Eligibility – XIIth passout
Certificate in Digital Photography
Duration - 30 days
Eligibility – XIIth passout
Fundamentals of English Introduction to Print and Electronic Media
Introduction to Corporate Communication
Introduction to Media Writing
Computer Application in Media
Introduction to Communication and Mass Communication
Introduction to Advertising Personality Development
Introduction to Photography
New Media Technologies
Mass Media & Culture Studies
Environmental Communication/ Social Media (Elective)
Current Trend in Media
Effective Communication Skills